Thanks @coopahtroopa @ChaseChapman SpaceXponential and others for the overall feedback and thoughts, these are spot on. We have revised the scope and details of core areas of the proposal (mainly overall season budget, guilds specification and governance framework). Will post them here as a comment feel free to share your thoughts. Also, we are also spinning up a brainstorm channel on our discord to further coordinate on actionable items prior to going live (if you're interested in joining the conversation, fill out this form we'll get you added - in case you haven't yet.
Proposal scope update (based on feedback)
- This is a proposal to bring the concept of seasons to forefront - FF Season 1;
- The Season will run for a period of 90 days.
- Core components: Community ownership, Content engine, Partnerships;
- Key priorities: Introduce and incorporate guilds in the overall operations, improve the governance structure and improve new members onboarding experience;
Proposal Snapshot scope
- Approve a total allocation of 450,000 FF for season 1 (period of 90 days);
- Approve a 150,000 FF allocation for operations expenses (based on Llama budget);
- Approve a 300,000 FF allocation for guilds (100,000 FF each - writer, marketing, culture);
- Assign / Identify initial guild leaders for the guilds - TBD
Note: In addition to the season total allocation amount, FF Treasury reserves the right to propose or allocate any additional funds that fall outside of the season budget but are aligned with the DAO mission and roadmap.
- Staff review
- Snapshot voting (Quorum / Threshold)
- Season 1 will introduce 3 core guilds (writers, marketing and culture);
- Each guild will have to self-elect its respective leader;
- Any community member can join and contribute to one or more guilds.
- Guild contributors will receive compensation in the form of FF based on their contribution and responsibility.
- Create and execute allocation strategies (budget and governance) within the guild;
- Report activities to staff members and community members;
- Active participation in the DAO governance decisions;
- Create, document and maintain a central resource repository related to the guild;
- Each guild will be allocated a max of 100,000 FF for season 1 for operation expenses (bounties, members compensation and incentives program);
- Once the guilds are formed and have a working body, funds can be requested on a project / expenses basis, with plans to move to self-custody wallet for season 2;
- if by the end of the season 1 the funds are not fully utilized the remain allocation will roll back to treasury;
The goal of governance framework for season 1 is to allow community members to create and propose guild projects budget spending, contributors compensation budget and approve monthly treasury budget & expenses.
- Discord #governance channel is to be used for initial proposal signaling;
- Once it has gained enough consensus, a formal proposal is created in the forum, where all formal discussions will happen;
- Once the proposal has gone through revision, staff members will do a final review to confirm it meets the requirement;
- Editor will create the proposal on Snapshot for a 3 to 5 days voting period;
- To be approved and implemented the proposal has to reach a minimum quorum and threshold.
- Minimum quorum: 10% of circulating supply, treasury tokens does not apply;
- Threshold: over 50% of the tokens must be FOR the proposal to pass
For season 1 we will be introducing three types of contributors:
Casual Contributor - Community members making any casual / no strings attached contributions to the DAO. Including: Vote on governance actions; Claiming one-time or rolling community bounties; Active contributions in the guild operations; Contributors compensation are evaluated based on their responsibilities and level of contribution.
Core Contributor - Core contributors are members that have passed the contributor phase and are voted by the community. Key responsibilities include: Work closely with the guilds to define and create strategic plans; Lead and manage working groups or tasks.
Staff - Staff members include an instigator and other staff members. Staff members lead core components of forefront mission and vision, including partnerships, product and business development. Staff members receive compensation in the form of stablecoins and/or FF (Subject to vesting).
- Spin out a discord channel to coordinate overall season roll out strategy;
- Coordinate and identify initial guild members;
- Submit the final proposal to snapshot, for a 3 days voting period;
- Kickstart the season (aiming at July 15th).