FF Season 1 Proposal
Authored by @Carlos @Jihad @joeydebruin
Since its inception, Forefront has established itself as the leading aggregator in the social token landscape. From insight-packed essays to social token tooling to one of the best newsletters in the crypto space, the Forefront community is on a mission to truly become the home of social tokens, through community engagement, discovery, and leadership.
Today, we’re excited to announce the next step in the Forefront journey: FF Season 1.
A season is a bounded period of time where the Forefront community can align on projects and experiments that help us achieve our broader mission.
While the grand vision for Forefront’s long-term future may differ for different community members, seasons allow us to build consensus around what high-level steps we are taking over a period of time.
Up until this point, Forefront has been in a sort of “pre-season” phase – very experimentation heavy, but building toward our core mission. Our hope is that Season 1 will be a step forward in continuing to strengthen Forefront's position as the leader of the social tokens space while building a strong community and strong relationships with existing and new communities.
Two months ago, we launched $FF, as the first step to transition Forefront towards community ownership. We pioneered a robust token distribution model by onboarding over 1289+ active members of communities listed on Forefront;
Along with listing FF token on all major token platforms (CoinGecko, CoinMarketCap, Zerion, Zora Market, etc.), we introduced a contributors only and community liquidity mining program, giving community members an opportunity to earn additional FF by providing liquidity to FF Uniswap pool.
As part of FF brand awareness, cross-DAOs collab and treasury diversification, we partnered with fashion house Metafactory to release a limited edition “Forefront Genesis Drop” long sleeve sweatshirt.
We quickly followed up with a deployment of the beta version of Forefront Auction House built on top of the Zora protocol. Our first collab featured MintFund’s uprising artist Ikaro Cavalcante. To date, these two drops alone have generated over $14,000 in sales revenue for the DAO.
The Forefront community has grown largely due to our focus on creating and curating high-quality content around the social token space. Forefront.market hosts over two dozen original essays discussing a wide variety of topics. We also launched the Forefront community incentive program to reward community members for contributing to our content engine.
In early June, we won Mirror’s Write Race and experimented with the first token-gated Mirror essay covering tokenized SaaS business models.
Community is core to our mission at Forefront, and we’ve managed to cultivate one of the most exciting communities in the space. Forefront Hangouts have been a huge success – we’ve hosted weekly conversations with some of the most interesting thinkers in the space. We also launched FF Tea Times as an informal way to engage community members on the work and conversations happening throughout the community.
Finally, the FF Bounty Program has continued to be a source of high-quality production for the DAO, allowing community members of all levels of engagement and familiarity to contribute to high-priority tasks and projects.
Enter FF Season 01
The next chapter of Forefront will be focused on continuing on building forefront and $FF token utility in four key ways:
- Community Ownership
- FF Content Engine
- FF Market V1
Season 1 is set to start on the date specified in the official snapshot proposal and run for a period of 90 days.
Community will always be the center of everything we do at Forefront.
Season 1 is set to introduce new tools to enable us to more effectively onboard new members and contributors, integrate Sourcecred to create a contribution graph and reward value creation within our Discord, and bootstrap our first set of community-run Guilds;
One of the biggest pieces of feedback we received throughout the pre-season was the need for a new contributor on-boarding process. Members should be able to know from Day 1 what Forefront is, what the key projects are, and how they can get involved.
The launch of “Tea Time” community call was our first crack at on-boarding, but a fleshed out process is definitely necessary.
In addition to existing community programs, season 1 will introduce new on-boarding elements for new and existing members, including:
- Bi-weekly community calls: every two weeks, the FF Contributor Team will host community calls to update members on high-level priorities, projects, and progress.
- A community curated wiki: we’re revamping the Notion to include descriptions of high-level projects, guides, and processes to better on-board new contributors.
- A public contributors task list: Trello will be the new home of a public and regularly updated roadmap so that contributors can see who is working on what and what tasks the DAO needs completed.
- A more robust bounty tracking program: Forefront ongoing bounty program is a great way for new community members to begin contributing to the DAO in exchange for $FF. For season 1 we are aiming to open these to not only include FF community related bounties but also partners bounties.
- Community Forum: Our community forum will be our new home to discuss and signal FF governance proposals (before these are pushed to snapshot) but also a place to host high value conversations on topics related to social tokens and DAOs.
For season 1 through Sourcecred integration, FF community members will be able to start earning $FF for active participation on discord. This will allow us to continue to foster a healthy community where ongoing valuable contributions are recognized and rewarded.
With the pre-season introduction of the Writers program we quickly realized that although decentralized communities offer clear advantages over knowledge production, pure token incentives aren't enough to foster impactful content collaboration, there is a clear need to also foster a safe and exciting environment where work happens. Enter Guilds.
Guilds are groups of contributors focused on a particular area of the DAO’s work and growth. For each Guild, members will outline its core mission, values, and role within the broader FF community. There are three Guilds currently in progress:
- Writers’ Guild: to support the FF content engine and create opportunities for FF members to research and produce content around relevant topics.
- Growth Guild: to support any marketing content creation (graphics, video, swag, etc.) also to handle potential partnerships.
- Culture Guild: to support internal community development efforts (Hangouts, Tea Time, Onboarding, etc.).
More information on individual Guilds is coming soon.
One of our primary goals at Forefront is to support and develop the leading voices in the social token space. Forefront should be the go-to place to learn about the value and potential of social tokens and their communities. For Season 1 we will introduce a revamped Writers’ Program with the Writers’ Guild at its core.
- Writers’ Program. We’re going to experiment with funding writing on certain topics up front, with editing/research help from our Writers’ Guild throughout the entire process. We’ll also assist with monetization once the essay is published.
- Content Curation. While content production is important, some incredible content is written outside of FF’s publications. Season 1 will introduce formal curation of essays across the internet, through grants, NFT purchases, and more.
- FF Learn. One content segment we’re really excited about is FF Learn, a place where those new to the social token space can go from zero to productive DAO contributor!
The social token space isn’t made of individuals, but of hundreds of rich, diverse communities. To uphold our mission, we are building out a set of tools and services to support these communities in achieving their own goals, with ongoing support from FF community (through our partners and in-house guilds).
- Staking Platform - We will be opening our staking platform so that any social tokens community can run their own version of incentivized farms that fits their vision or of their community. To start these will be highly curated but with the intention to open to the broader social tokens space via off-chain snapshot proposal.
- Auction House - NFT cashflow present an unmatched opportunity for FF to extend its collab culture while creating a steady revenue stream for the DAO. We are looking to partner with uprising and established NFT artists and communities to continue to experiment with culture and curation.
- Advisory - Forefront intends to run an experimental builders edition cohort where early stage creators and communities can leverage FF tooling, distribution and community to quickly iterate and launch their product to market.
The Forefront community has come a long way, and we’re extremely excited for the future as we transition much of the roadmap into the community’s hands.
To reward those who’ve been with us so far, the FF DAO will reward top contributors from the pre-season for their active participation with a retroactive airdrop! Stay tuned in the Discord for more details here.
A Formal proposal will be posted on snapshot for community voting.
If you have any feedback on the proposal make sure to leave your comment below!
Interested in contributing? Fill out the Sign up form.